Parts & Service > 4 Stroke Outboard Preventative Maintenance
SERVICES PERFORMED ANNUALLY OR EVERY 100 HOURS:(NOT INCLUDING VERADO)
Visually inspect engine - Check compression - Inspect ignition components - Replace spark plugs - Change gear lube - Lubricate all lubrication points and propshaft - Inspect fuel system - Clean/replace fuel filter(s)(most models) - Run and test on the hose - Check cooling system operation - Check/adjust carbs(where applicable) - Ccheck/adjust shift and throttle cables(where applicable) - Coat powerhead with corrosion guard - Inspect trailer - Test tailer brakes(where applicable) - Lube bearing buddies if needed - Inflate tires - Inspect charging system - Inspect battery for proper size and remove wing nuts if equipped - Change engine oil and filter(some models do not have an oil filter) - Test Accessories - Access ECM for codes(where applicable) - Check steering fluid(where applicable) - Check wiring and connectors - Check tightness of bolts, nuts, and other fastners - Check corrosion control anodes.
- 1 Cyl - $CALL (6 and 8 hp Evin/John and 9.9 & 15 Suzuki add $Call for cost and access to oil filter)
- 2 Cyl - $CALL (Carry in models only)
- 2 Cyl.- $CALL
- 3 Cyl.- $CALL
- 4 Cyl.- $CALL (70 H.P.and Below)
- 4 Cyl.- $CALL (70 H.P.and Above)
- 6 Cyl.- $CALL
- 8 Cyl.- $CALL
If your motor has a jet unit then there will be an additional charge of $call for inspecting and cleaning the jet pump impeller.You will be notified if this area requires more attention.
ADD: For dyno or tank test. $CALL For a water test. $CALL
- 1) We will notify you if any other additional repairs are required.
- 2) Valve adjustment is extra where applicable.
- 3) Prices include parts and labor.
- 4) Carry in price is applied to aux. motors on boats.